Thursday 5 February 2015

Aren't you a bit expensive?

It's a great idea, but isn't it all a bit expensive

 for a party? 

 Especially if you have to hire the hall too? 

 And do the food? 


It's a question I have been asked a few times, so thought I would explain how the cost works. It's not jusitifying it, it's explaining.

So... let's take the SILVER package, for 20 children, including a Pass the Parcel. 

This package costs £90 for 2 hours of party time, which includes a party tea provided by you.  (I estimate 30 minutes for this.)  

Let's break down the costs.

This works out at £4.50 per child, meaning £2.25 per child, per hour.

Within this £4.50 per child, you are including, ALL the prizes for the games.  I always make sure I have a selection of prizes which hopefully appeal to all children who may win. 

A Pass the Parcel.  With a treat in every layer and a prize in the middle.  (A 20 layer Pass the Parcel takes about 8 metres of wrapping paper.  I don't use newspaper, but will happily take the paper away to recycle.   It takes about an hour to wrap. An hour of preparation time before the party.

A Welcome Activity.   With the Silver package, there are no party bags, so this would be a decorating tablecloth activity.  It's a great way to keep children calm and help less confident children settle quickly into the party atmosphere.  So, I bring along a tablecloth, which you can then use for your party tea.  I supply crayons and stickers for the children to decorate it with. 

Music and speaker.  I can even make this work without using a plug!  (though obviously I use my own resources to keep this charged.)  I download my music legally, making sure it is suitable for children, in both content and their tastes 

Transport.  I don't charge for transport within a 10 mile radius of Portishead.

Planning Time.  All my parties are planned in consultation with YOU.  Are there any party games that your child particularly likes?  Would you like games with prizes, or team based games?  How old are the children attending?  I can adapt the parties according to age, and whether a theme is involved.  I will also help you with advice about halls in Portishead, their prices and contact details for them. I can even help you with ideas for a simple but fun party tea which doesn't cost the earth...

Me.  I have 18 years experience of working professionally with children, as a Nanny, Nursery Nurse, Teacher (ages 3-11), Brownie Leader and Mother.  On top of this, I am part of the leadership team for a very popular toddler group in Portishead.   When I host your child's party, I am their's totally.  I will interact, join in, look after and include all children.  (I have been to parties where the entertainer doesn't look at the children until he/she does their act, then as soon as it is finished, has sat at the front playing on their mobile and ignoring any attempt of children to communicate with them afterwards. - This person charged £150 for an hour of their time.  For me, this isn't just a business, it's a passion for supply great parties.)

Insurance.  For peace of mind, I have full liability cover for up to £1million. 

Extra supplies - parachutes, game resources, bin bags, extra prizes incase you have unexpected guests...

I love parties.  I don't believe you can do this without a passion and enthusiasm for them. However, as you can see, it does cost.  I have 2 young children of my own, and am currently organising my son's 5th party.  I want to make them as cost-effective as I can, we're all on tight budgets these days and I understand that, and hope that's conveyed in my prices.


(By the way, my party bags are fab too!  Great gifts, and super value at £1.50 each.  You don't have to source the gifts, pack the gifts or even label the bags.  I'll do all that for you!)

Why don't you visit my PARTYEASE PORTISHEAD WEBSITE and find out more?

You can also check out reviews by visiting my FACEBOOK page.

No comments:

Post a Comment